Wednesday, January 15, 2014

KEZON101 Interview With The Designer Sidney Perez Sio “Make It Happen"


Where did the idea for Sidney Perez Sio Couture come from? 

       Sidney Perez Sio Couture is a 23 year old company, it started summer of 1990, after working w/ Designer Bubum Melgar – I put up a small slip in Philam Q.C. along Edsa after 4 years, in 1994 I was a candidate for Young Designer Competition in Singapore. The idea came from my Mentor Bubum Melgar to put up my own business.

What does your typical day look like? How do you bring ideas to life?

> A Typical day for me, during breakfast, I will do sketching for my collection; RTW & MTO by 11AM, I go straight to Divisoria to buy fabrics for my clients.

> It will start with a drawing or a note, or a to do list everyday, I will make sure that it will happen. Even with my subordinates I will use the “words”, “Make It Happen” in 20 minutes or else.

What’s one trend that really excites you?

1              One trend that really excites me is the Avant Garde movement because as a Designer I can express myself to the maximum. Traditionally a  fashion season is defined by weather patterns, for me as  Filipino Designer, typically I work to 2 season a year – Holiday/ Wet season and Summer/ dry season. By separating the seasons, my key fabrics, colors and shapes can be determined by weather patterns of the Philippines.

What is one habit of yours that makes you more productive as an entrepreneur?

1       One Habit of SPS that make me more productive as an entrepreneur. Is “Now or Never Attitude” I just do it, I am result oriented person that’s why I can say I am very productive.

What was the worst job you ever had and what did you learn from it? and If you were to start again, what would you do differently?

1   > My worst job is a garbage collector in a Greek Company in NYC in winter 1997. I learn to be more humble and kind to everyone because I realize that it is really hard to earn a living.
1
    > To Start again,I will not drink alcohol again, I Love to b sober to start again I want more self discipline, I like to be an athlete in my next lifetime, to sleep early and to wake up around 3 AM and do some physical exercise.

   As an entrepreneur, what is the one thing you do over and over and  recommend everyone else do?

                My advice to all that will do business like me is to stick in one field like one business, whatever happens don’t give up because every business has a season Season of no sale season of lots of sale stick to one business and you will go places!

What is one strategy that has helped you grow your business? Please explain how.

       One strategy that helped me grow my business is to know competition information.

What is one failure you had as an entrepreneur, and how did you overcome it?

Failure as a Designer Entrepreneur is always a term “No Sale” sometimes it extend up to 3 Months that you don’t have sale, so you have to get up, dress up and do sale or else people under you will curse you to death, so you have to make sales promo, like fashion show to attract new clientele.

What is one business idea that you’re willing to give away to our readers?

Business idea that I am willing to give away to our reader as a Designer Entrepreneur, running as successful fashion house requires 90% business accumulate and 10% artistic ability. Most Fashion houses start – ups are manage by the designers themselves who, whilst strong on the design font, may have only a very rudimentary understanding of the business of fashion, as a result, although thousands of talented fashion designers graduated every year, most new fashion designers start – ups fail.

Tell us something about you that very few people know?

Something about me that very few people know are the following:

A.      I am very faithfull to my business
B.      Sometimes I cheat
C.      I love careless and foolishness when it comes to fun
D.      I love to pray from different churches
E.       I love pork adobo
F.       I love fish spa
G.     I dream to be a lotto winner
H.      I am fond of Cubao, Divisoria, Quiapo, New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong
I.        I miss Pagbilao beaches and mountains
J.     I love eating crepe in the street of Paris and black fried cake “Parirutong” in Pagbilao

What is the one book that you recommend our community should read and why?

        The one book that I can recommend to our community should read is “The Bible”. Because it leads you to closer relationship with God, the center of our life, Bible is a faithful companion in our experiences in life.
   
What people have influenced your thinking and might be of interest to others?

     In Youtube, watch McQueen and I, it’s all about life of a designer McQueen.

     Thank You,

   Sidney Perez Sio

No comments:

Post a Comment