Friday, February 21, 2014

KEZON101 Interview With The Founder Of MyTinda.com "Everything a Shopper and a Seller wants is inside MyTinda"



1. Where did the idea for MyTinda come from? 

First & foremost, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Kenzon 101 for this feature. Good day to all readers! I am answering these questions in behalf of my co-founders, Erben & Romil.

 Ever since, we have shared the same passion of creating the best online store for Filipinos. The concept of MyTinda started on October 28, 2008. I remember walking around our backyard one evening while brainstorming about a concept that would soon become MyTinda.

My co-founder Romil and I planned to launch a website that would cater the needs of Pinoys abroad. This website would sell greeting cards, where it will generate income. Through that idea, I conceptualized the design – how would the store look like. We wanted an online store, complete with cart and checkout form. 

We thought that these functions, cart and checkout form, would make it more convenient for users to make purchases. And from that simple concept, MyTinda was born. You see, the idea seemed plain and simple yet very promising. 

We wanted to build a website with simple and clean UI but with the complete eCommerce system. This is because we think that every Filipino needs to experience the TRUE Online Selling & Shopping. Simply put, trouble-free Online Selling and Shopping.

 2. How do you bring ideas to life? 

I imagine things. I visualize what this and that should look like or what should be the first and the last step. Once I organized everything in my mind, I share the concept with my co-founders.

3. What’s one trend that really excites you? 

What excites me most is the idea of every Filipino having the time to sell online despite their day time jobs. We believe that internet is not just for leisure but also serves as an outlet one’s passion and generating income. 

 4. What is one habit of yours that makes you more productive as an entrepreneur? 

 I constantly search for new ideas.

 5. What was the worst job you ever had and what did you learn from it? 

 I liked every job that I had. I learned to never give up.

6. As an entrepreneur, what is the one thing you do over and over and recommend everyone else do? 

 Continue to seek for new ideas. Always visualize how the future would be like. 

 7. What is one strategy that has helped you grow your business? Please explain how. 

We just started so I think we don’t have the experience yet. As for the strategy, a good relationship with your customer will certainly help your business grow.

8. What is one failure you had as an entrepreneur, and how did you overcome it? 

 I have met many programmers but they dismissed my idea. I was in the search for almost 4 years until I chanced upon a smart and motivated guy who believed in me and my dream. He is like my right hand in creating MyTinda. Erben is currently the head of MyTinda’s development. 

 9. What is one business idea that you’re willing to give away to our readers? 

This might sound odd but I’ve always thought of making personalized slippers with the customer’s name on it. This way, customers will easily spot their slippers and will prevent accidental switching. Now, if ever you get rich because of this idea, I wouldn't mind getting a 5% partnership. 

 10. What Are Your Other Services and Product? 

 At present, MyTinda offers Free Seller and Free shopper accounts. Premium Seller account will be launched soon for only P385/mo. with premium benefits, of course.


 11. What software and web services do you use? What do you love about them?

I use Adobe Photoshop for design and creating ideas. On the other hand, Erben uses Notepad for programming. These software helped us build what MyTinda is now. 

12. What is the one book that you recommend our community should read and why?

 Honestly, I have many book recommendations. But the ONE book I would recommend is “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki. 

 13. What people have influenced your thinking and might be of interest to others? 

Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg and the like. They helped us shape our present & future. Another person that has influenced me would be the founder of Sulit.com.ph, I’d like to meet him someday.


 Thank you! www.mytinda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment